Baked Cauliflower Tots
As the name suggests these are baked cauliflower bites which are egg-free.
It’s a really simple, easy snack which can double up as part of an appetizer platter or even kid-friendly after-school snack. They won't even realize they are eating cauliflower!
Everything goes into a bowl, then onto your baking tray shaped into tots. 20-25 minutes after, your snack is ready to go.
While the original recipe, which was truly inspiring, called for cheese in the recipe along with eggs, this egg-less version has neither.
- Two cups of chopped cauliflower steamed for 3 – 5 minutes in boiling water.
- ½ cup of finely chopped onion (roughly half a small onion)
- ¼ cup of finely chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup of finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup of shredded paneer
- ¼ cup of bread crumbs
- ¼ cup of cooked, mashed or grated potato
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
Steam cauliflower florets in hot water for 3-5 minutes.
Drain, chop them fine in food processor for few seconds only or using a knife. Into a bowl, add the cauliflower, onion, bell peppers, coriander, green chilli, potato, salt and pepper and mix well.
Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees celcius.
Prepare small cylindrical shaped tots. Place the tots on a lined, greased baking tray some distance apart. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Oven temperatures vary, hence keep an eye on them after 18 min.
Serve with ketchup or green chutney.
For more of Anu's bite-sized delights, visit www.easybitesonline.comBLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS